Dec 12, 2008

2008: A year to burn?

A few years ago I had a pretty bad year, in fact all around it was the worst 12 months of my life. Several of my friends also had the same luck and just wanted the year to be over with. Come New Years Eve we were all ready to welcome the new year with open arms. However, we felt we first needed to get rid of all the bad karma that the last 12 months had brought us...so before the clock struck Midnight, we passed calendars around and each took our worst month of that year and burned it in a bonfire. (Personally I took as many months as I could get my hands on - burning that calendar so immensely therapeutic that night). I think for all of us the act of getting rid of all the bad so there's room to welcome the new and positive year ahead felt amazing! Since then I haven't needed to burn anything else, instead I've been focusing on the positive and each year is getting better and better.


For many 2008 may be a year that should just go up in flames - whether it's a job lost, a company closed or anything else this economy has delt you over the last year I hope however you choose to get rid of the bad and welcome the good works for you!


P.S. Maybe positive thinking is the key? If you haven't seen it yet, Oprah took positive thinking to another level when she created a vision board last February which she used to envision Barak Obama as president!

No comments:

Post a Comment